What are Trade Schools?
Trade schools are also called vocational schools, votechs, or even technical colleges, but all are post-secondary schools. Those enrolling in a Wheatland, California trade school are usually recent high school graduates or someone who has just earned their GED, but can include anyone looking to make a career change. Meaning, that students usually enroll after graduating from high school or obtaining their GEDs. Trade and vocational schools teach students the skills necessary for specific industries they might be interested in.
Some of the most common careers paths sought by graduates of these schools include:
- Construction Worker
- Auto or Diesel Mechanic
- HVAC Technician
Here are just a few Wheatland, CA schools that might interest you, click to request your information now!
How Do Trade Schools in Wheatland, CA Differ from Traditional Colleges?
The biggest difference between trade school and traditional college is the amount of time spent completing your degree. Most Wheatland vocational schools offer programs that students can complete in one to two years. Students attending traditional colleges can take four or even five years to complete their degree. Traditional colleges also require students to complete classes that have nothing to do with their specific course of study. This is known as a liberal arts education; Trade schools and Vocational schools only require students to enroll in classes that pertain to their particular trades.
What Makes a Good Trade School Education Candidate?
Students who enroll in a trade school often can ask themselves a few simple questions:
- Are you looking to gain experience to enter a new industry such as construction or welding?
- Do you want to complete your education in less than 4 years?
- Do you want to try a new trade before deciding to change careers?
- Do you need guidance to choose a new vocation you might be interested in?
- Will attending a trade school count as part of an apprenticeship or hands on experience time?
If you answered yes to even one of these questions, a Wheatland, California trade school might be the right place for you.
How Can I Succeed at my Trade School in Wheatland?
- Attend classes
- Ask Questions
- Complete assignments on time
- Pass exams
How Do I know Which Trade School is Right for Me?
This is a very important question. Probably the most important. The simple answer is to gather information! and lots of it. The purpose of this site is to provide you an easy way to connect with Wheatland, CA schools the might fit your needs. By filling out our form and submitting your information to schools, you’ve taken an important first step. But now what?
To figure out if the vocational school you’ve contacted is going to provide you with education you desire, there are a few things you should consider. As representatives from each school about:
- Job Placement Rates
- Graduation Rates
- Facilities Offered particularly for trades requiring hands on experience such as welding
- Student Services
- Tuition and Fees
Do Trade Schools Offer Online Courses?
What Benefits Can I Expect of a Trade School Education?
A trade school education offers many benefits to students:
- You’ll be focused on learning essential job-related skills
- You’ll get hands-on experience
- You’ll finish your education in less time than traditional college
- Your education can provide an easier transition from classroom to jobs in the field